Xeomin is a neurotoxin injection that suppresses unwanted facial wrinkles. Much like Botox, this cosmetic injectable is FDA-approved for the correction of moderate to severe glabellar lines, also known as frown lines, between the eyebrows. When injected into targeted locations, it temporarily relaxes the facial muscles responsible for unwanted wrinkles, helping you achieve smoother, more youthful skin.
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Bunny lines around the nose bridge
- Nasolabial folds around the nose
- Marionette lines around the mouth
- Perioral lines around the lips
- Chin dimples and creases
- Neck banding and creases
How Does Xeomin Work?
To understand how Xeomin works, you must understand how dynamic wrinkles work. Dynamic wrinkles appear because of the overuse of certain facial muscles to convey emotions. When you frown, you develop vertical lines between your eyebrows. If you continue using these muscles for extended periods, the underlying muscles become stronger, making the vertical lines stay on your face even when you’re not frowning.
Xeomin belongs to a category of cosmetic injectables known as neuromodulators, i.e., injectables made of botulinum toxin. When injected into targeted regions, neurotoxins block the communication of signals between nerve endings and the facial muscles responsible for your frown lines and facial wrinkles. As a result, the unwanted wrinkles smoothen away from your skin, making you look younger.
Xeomin: Naked Botulinum
Xeomin is often called “naked botulinum” because it’s a pure form of botulinum toxin. Most other neuromodulators combine botulinum toxin with additional proteins for stability, but Xeomin doesn’t have any other proteins. Consequently, your body doesn’t build a tolerance to Xeomin, even if you keep using it for years. Since you can’t develop a tolerance, it’s a suitable option for you if Botox doesn’t do the trick anymore.
Advantages of Xeomin:
- Non-surgical treatment for unwanted frown lines
- Feels like a gentle pinprick — no pain
- Minimal side effects, such as redness and swelling
- Softens unwanted facial wrinkles and frown lines
- Prevents or delays the onset of new facial wrinkles
- More durable than Botox — naked botulinum
- No frozen expressions, stiffness, or unnatural results
- Concludes within 15 to 30 minutes
- No downtime or recovery period
Candidates for Xeomin:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Are physically and mentally healthy
- Have realistic expectations
- Don’t have active skin infections or open wounds
- Don’t have medical contraindications for Xeomin
- Want to soften the appearance of frown lines between the eyebrows
- Want to prevent new wrinkles from appearing
The Xeomin Process
Our star injectors curate highly personalized Xeomin treatment plans according to your unique needs and goals. The medical provider examines your facial skin, discusses your goals, and selects the appropriate number of units for naturalized results. After marking the targeted treatment areas on your face, the medical provider injects Xeomin using ultrafine needles. You may feel a pinprick, but there’s no pain. The process should take 15 to 30 minutes.
Side Effects & Downtime
Like all injections, Xeomin may lead to mild post-treatment redness, swelling, itching, irritation, and bruising around the treatment areas. The side effects usually last for a few days, but you can minimize them using ice packs. The bruises can be hidden with makeup. There’s no downtime, and you can resume your daily activities immediately, but please avoid direct sunlight and strenuous workouts for a few days.
Results: Onset & Longevity
Patients say they start noticing the results of Xeomin after 2 to 3 days, with gradual improvements for up to 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, the results will finalize, and you’ll appreciate your smooth, youthful appearance. The final results last for 3 to 4 months, following which your wrinkles will gradually reappear. Most patients opt for 3 to 4 Xeomin treatments per year to maintain a youthful appearance all year long.
Why Choose Evolve MD?
Evolve MD Modern Med Spa is the premier boutique med spa specializing in anti-aging medicine and treatments in Port Orange. Our injectors and medical providers curate highly personalized treatment plans based on your unique needs and goals to ensure safe, smooth, and natural-looking results that betray no signs of cosmetic manipulation. If you want a smoother face without the risk of frozen expressions, please schedule an appointment today.